Dec 19th 2013
CARSON CITY, Nev. (Las Vegas Sun) -- A prison inmate serving time for second-degree murder has died at the Northern Nevada Correctional Center, the fifth inmate death in the Nevada Department of Corrections system since November.
Michael Johnson was in the medical center at the Carson City prison when he died Wednesday.
The state Department of Corrections said Thursday that Johnson, 55, had been in prison since 2008 and was serving a sentence of 10 years to life out of Churchill County.
The Clark County Coroner’s Office will conduct an autopsy.
Johnson is the fifth Nevada prison inmate to die since early November.
Read more here.
- About Nevada-Cure
- What you can do
- Watch our Videos
- NV Cure Flyer
- Informational Bulletin Nevada Cure
- Agenda for the Monthly Meeting
- Monthly Meeting Minutes and Reports
- Meet the Members of the Nevada Cure Board of Directors
- Nevada-Cure Meetings with NDOC
- Nevada Prisoner Abuse Documentation
- Letters and Stories from NV Prisoners
- Leaving prison in Nevada