We learned that John Coldwell passed away on October 2nd, 2014.
John was a member of NV-CURE and a prison activist. He recently won a
case in the 9th Circuit invalidating the NDOC policy of no cataract
surgery for a person blind in only one eye. He will be missed.
Please read this letter from earlier this year received by NV-CURE from
John Coldwell. This letter
reflects the type of person John Colwell was to us. Thank you for
Newsitem from Kolotv
A 67-year-old prisoner at Desert State Prison in Indian Springs has died.
Nevada Department of Corrections has confirmed
that inmate John Colwell, NDOC #33742, died of a chronic medical
condition at the High Desert State Prison. Read more here.
- About Nevada-Cure
- What you can do
- Watch our Videos
- NV Cure Flyer
- Informational Bulletin Nevada-Cure
- Agenda for the Monthly Meeting
- Monthly Meeting Minutes and Reports
- Meet the Members of the Nevada Cure Board of Directors
- Nevada-Cure Meetings with NDOC
- Nevada Prisoner Abuse Documentation
- Letters and Stories from NV Prisoners